Cheesy Roasted Garlic Mashed PotatoesCourse: SidesCuisine: Western
This Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato is loaded with Butter, Cream and Cheese, then baked within the oven till ultra crisp on pinnacle and gooey under.
2 heaped tbsp Butter
1/2 cup / 125ml Cream, or to preference (can sub milk)
2lb / 1kg White Potatoes, peeled & diced into chunks
1 tbsp Butter, melted to top (or more cheese!)
Fresh Chives, to serve
1 cup / 100g Cheddar, grated (or more if you want it EXTRA cheesy)
1 small bulb of Garlic
Olive Oil, as needed
- Slice the tip off your garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and pop in the oven at 180c/356f for 45-60mins, or until deep golden, caramelized and sticky.
- Meanwhile, place your potato in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Boil until knife tender (15mins or so) then drain and place back in the pot. Squeeze the garlic out of the cloves into the potato and add 2 tbsp butter. Mash until lump free.
- Stir in cream and cheese, then add plenty of salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish, pour over 1 tbsp melted butter (or extra cheese) and bake in the oven at 200c/390f for 20mins or until golden and bubbling.
- Allow to rest, then garnish with fresh chives.
- Large Pot
- Potato Masher
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking Dish
- Chopping Board & Sharp Knife
- Serving Spoon
- Aluminium Foil